July 19, 2013

Week one's nutrition and exercise plan

So a few people have asked me about what I'm doing out of curiosity... or needing some useful tips on what they are doing so I thought I'd try to post it. Hopefully I can keep up with it, but if not surely you will understand it is because I'm cooking, eating, or working out.

Keep in mind this is entirely catered to me, everyone needs different macronutrients, calories, levels of activity, etc. And it does change over time. But week one's plan is as follows:

30 minutes 4 x a week of walking.

(Not so much for the exercise, just to establish a habit since I've been mostly sedentary)

Food every 3 hours. This ends up being approximately 1300 calories which is what my body needs to get to the peak of weight loss.

No soda, coffee with sugar substitute and powdered creamer is OK to stave off caffeine withdrawals. Lots of water. The water will be metered later.

Breakfast (no more than 30 minutes after waking up): The high fiber content has kept me more than satisfied, since I generally eat the apple last so I feel like I get the "sweet ending", sometimes I have a hard time finishing the apple from being full.
1 whole egg
1 cup of fiber one original cereal (it looks like cat food, haha)
1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 apple

Early snack:
1 scoop of whey protein (I just happened to have some around) mixed in water
1 peach
1 almond honey granola bar

Lunch (sandwich and a fruit): I love the soft cheese in place of mayo, I picked a chive one which is so tasty! And the Sara Lee delightful bread has 45 calories a slice which makes sandwiches something I can budget into a fairly low calorie diet.
2 Slices sara lee delightful bread
1 wedge laughing cow light cheese
3 oz deli turkey
As much romaine lettuce as I want
mustard
Watermelon

Afternoon snack:
4 triscuits (I am doing a rice and brown bean and it's pretty darn tasty)
1 baby bell cheese
5 baby carrots
1/2 cup cucumber

Dinner:
1 turkey burger breast
1 salad, with any mixed veggies I want... as big as I want
10 sprays of Wishbone salad dressing, any flavor

Late snack right before going to bed:
1 scoop of casein protein mixed in water (I happened to have that)

No comments: