July 26, 2013

The pant crisis of 2013

So I noticed yesterday, that my pants are starting to get just a little bit looser. The problem is I sort of started in an inbetween size, so I have some pants that are a little looser and some that are a little tighter... So my bigger ones officially can be slipped over my hips when I walk up the stairs and accidentally step on my pant legs, I know this because I did it. lol
I think this pair of jeans needs to go bye bye.

But I have a bit of a problem that I need to start addressing now (for budget reasons as well as sanity) but I anticipate that if things go as they have in the past, I will not be in a pant size for very long. I mean normally this is a hard problem, but it gets even harder in that I have a very short inseam so finding pants that fit is really hard. Hence why I have pants that I can step on the pant legs and trip myself. lol So anyway I've been kind of browsing around online, trying to find clothing that is inexpensive, fits, that fits my style, and will hopefully shrink with me. I found out that finding tab pants or adjustable waist pants in a style that suits me, with a 28-30" inseam is pretty much impossible. Maybe I need to shift my focus and start wearing skirts and dresses again, but I have fallen out of the habit of wearing heels or really any shoe that is constrictive (read dress shoe here). I am trying to minimize the amount of repurchasing clothes as much as possible, but honoring my body. Mostly it's so I know that I will have enough left over for food and essentials.

I've also been working on other self improvement things. I am taking some online classes on dressing for your personality/energy type. I've also promised myself that every night before I go to bed I would do something nice for myself (like prestyling my hair, or saying an affirmation). I think I am going to be a whole new improved me. And I like the feeling of anticipating, planning, and of course payoff.

No comments: