July 24, 2013

I just got thinking about it...

It's kind of scary that for my whole day's allotment of calories, it's basically the equivalent of a big mac with a coke meal (minus the fat and sugar of course). And that it's actually a good amount of food...I'm actually kind of tired of chewing. As time goes on and I am doing more rigorous gym work, I'll be eating even more than that and will see some more weight loss.

I read somewhere that in the 50's the government was concerned about obesity becoming a nationwide problem, by the 70's they made dietary fats out to be the culprit and started subsidizing corn (which can be easily converted to corn syrup)... That seemed to have backfired, since the majority of the country is now overweight or obese.

I think they should start charging by the kilo calorie. I find it sad when my $160 in groceries is the equivalent calorically to 9 fast food burger meals.  Yeah that's my bit of controversy for the year.

On a side note, I got my gym workout and walk in today. I'm going to be sore after working muscles I haven't used in a long time. lol Funny thing is, I still feel like I have energy to burn.

No comments: