July 31, 2013

Mmm, tastes like chicken.

The biggest challenge I have when training is chicken breasts. I get why they do that (since I don't like fish), you get the most protein out of the lowest amount of fat and calories...

But every time I train, for some reason I can't get it past my head that chicken breasts doesn't have to be unseasoned and plain. Plain chicken gets old really fast. Don't get me wrong, I don't dislike chicken but when you do the plain chicken breast for months on end, even seasoned stuff starts tasting like boring chicken.

So I'm actively looking for more ways to make chicken more exciting. Did a cool one tonight and it really didn't too many extra calories. Simple, easy, quick... Campbell's Chicken marsala mix with an extra small can of mushrooms (I can't get enough mushrooms... YUM!). I've had it before over pasta, but it's amazingly good just on it's own. Score!

Another one I've found recently is marinating in an Italian based marinade, if you can let it sit for days, it's even better. All the other's I've come across doesn't seem to permeate the chicken so it still tastes like chicken. BOOORING!

No comments: