August 10, 2013

Now this really doesn't go in your mouth...

It's been a crazy week, so I haven't really had a chance to update... but here's the highlights of my week.

So I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I have been noticing my pants are getting looser. I've already had to throw out three pairs of pants that fall down when I walk. I have also been studying about fashion through an online course called "dressing your truth". I highly recommend it to all the ladies out there, it teaches you guidelines on hair, makeup, fragrance, clothes, etc on how to dress based on your personality type and always look fantastic (while still giving you leeway to use some of your own fashion tastes). It works!!! I was driving home from the trainers one day (on the freeway) and some really hot guy pulled along side of me in the next lane and was flirting with me the whole way. ME--nobody ever flirts with ME! I wish I was a little more swift, but it made my day. I thought it was just a weird once in a lifetime chance, but going to work the next day the same thing happened with a different guy. Anyway in short, I love my new look... I feel confident, revitalized, younger, and well... pretty. I've never been one to make a fuss over my looks, but I truly believe this is one of the best things I have ever done for myself. At work, I've received many compliments and I don't feel so out of place... Like I'm being seen and respected for who I am.

So with the knowledge, I've been buying dresses. Colors I'd never in a million years think I could pull off. And I think it looks fantastic on me! I'm also a little broke now, so I'll have to play it cool until payday. Which sucks because I need some accessories, maybe some pretty necklaces or a bracelet.

Found out I probably need to get braces again. NOOOO!

Went to my weekly trainer meeting today, and what's weird is I lost 1.3 lbs off the scale, but somehow managed to gain fat? WEIRD. I've been working my butt off at the gym but I will admit I had a couple of bad meals.

I went to a community learning center for a class on how to avoid falling in love with a Jerk. They fed us pizza there. UGH. I kept it reasonable, ate the equivalent to what a 5 year old might eat, but I felt terrible after that--sluggish, tired, just bleh. Then on Friday, somehow I managed to forget my lunch and snacks so I had to wing it. I did pretty good for my first snack but lunch got blown out of the water with a Zupas salad. I thought I was doing good by selecting a salad over their really fatty looking sandwiches, but I looked up the nutrition facts after the fact... Yeah I would have been better with the sandwich. Live and learn, I guess.

I've had shin splints like crazy doing HIT on the treadmill. Told my trainer about this so that's been modified to the elliptical which is a lot lower impact, until I can get certain muscles in my legs loosened up and developed in other areas. This week is going to be crazy with 5 days of gym work... My challenge from the trainer this week is to monitor my water intake and to only have one off menu meal (but it has to be reasonable and when I'm done I should still feel "hungry". It's going to be a challenging week, but I'm ready, BRING IT ON!


No comments: