August 24, 2013

A little anxious...

So, being that I am a perfectionist... in the past, I have been guilty of shutting out the whole world and focusing on my training. While this works marvelous to get the weight off, there's huge problems with it. For starters, you miss out on a lot of fun things and start losing friends because you "can't eat that" or are too busy for the gym... but the biggest part of it is that this isn't how life works after you are done training. You feel like you have missed out on good food, good friends, etc. and overcompensate... then you're back to where I started with this journey.

A friend of mine is celebrating her birthday at the worst possible restaurant for a dieter--Spaghetti factory. There was a part of me that wanted to say "no I can't" but then I realized that celebrations is a part of life and it's not something I can avoid. It's also terribly selfish not to enjoy a special day with a friend because of a stupid calorie. So I'm going...

And my diet this week won't be perfect. But that's okay.

On other news... my scale weight actually went up this week. But, I lost a ton of body fat and gained a ton of muscle... so I'm going to keep plugging away.

Do your best and forget the rest.

No comments: