November 24, 2013

Week 19 Nutrition and Fitness Plan

I am a little behind in posting this. Last week I had to repeat my menu since my trainer was out of town that week... I won't lie, I cheated and pulled a previous week's menu because I couldn't eat any more chicken. UGH. But I did okay, dropped 4 lbs in the two weeks since I saw my trainer, 20 lbs in total since I started training. I just started going back to school this week, so updates may be slow (or I might have to stop all together, I'll cross that bridge when I get there.) But keep in mind on the workouts since it's a holiday week and with school just starting, I requested a home friendly workout...


Menu
Breakfast
1 cup carbmaster milk
.75 cups Kashi Go Lean cereal
.33 cup blueberries
1st snack
1 scoop whey protein powder
9 Blue Diamond Nut Thins
1 Apple

Lunch 
1 Morningstar black bean veggie burger
1 cup raw spinach
.5 tomato
1 don panchio high fiber low carb wrap

2nd snack
1 carbrite bar

Dinner
1 cup broccoli
.12 recipe Italian Turkey Meatloaf (see recipe)

Late Night Snack
3 egg whites

RECIPES

Italian Turkey Meatloaf
Serves 8

Ingredients:
2.5 lbs extra lean ground turkey
1/2 cup zucchini (optional)
1/2 cup broccoli stems (optional)
1 packet McCormic meatloaf seasoning
4 Egg Whites
2 cups rolled oats
Nonstick cooking spray
1 lb chicken tenders
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1 tsp salt free all purpose seasoning

Instructions:

1 - preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly spray 2 loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray

2 - Mix all ingredients in a big bowl with your hands. Transfer to loaf pans, smashing them down firmly.

3 - Cook for about 35-40 minutes.

Calories: 240
Protein: 38
Fat: 3
Carbs: 14


Workout: 5 days of cardio/4 days of strength training. For strength training days, cardio is after workouts. Rest day should be after the extra cardio day.

 Any Cardio, just push yourself hard -  20 minutes

Strength Training

3 Sets / 12-15 reps. Focus on pushing more weight and last set should fail. Speed 2/2  Rest 30-45 seconds unless noted otherwise

Day 1:
Tubing chest press
push ups
dips on bench
tubing triceps overhead extension
 
Day 2:
tubing lat pull down
tubing standing row
tubing bent over low row
tubing standing bicep curls
tubing standing hammer curls
tubing reverse grip curls
 
Day 3:
Tubing Shoulder press
tubing front shoulder press
tubing lateral raise
forearm bridge (60 seconds)
ball crunches
ab crunch
 
Day 4:
wall squat holds
tubing squats
step ups
stiff legged dead lifts with tubing
walking lunges
standing dumbbell calf raise
 

No comments: