September 28, 2013

Week 11 Menu and workout

Got all my workouts in this week and ate exactly as the menu stated, no cheat meals. I didn't get a fat analysis this week but I did get measurements. Down .2 lbs from the scale this week. Lost 1.25" from my arm, 4" from my waist, 2" from my hips, 1" from my thigh, and .5 inches from my calf since the beginning of this program. They have hired a dietician to shadow my trainer, I think because of this she cleaned up my menu by a lot... and dropped my 6th meal which I am nervous about since I can't sleep without having something on my belly. We'll see how this week goes. I am being naughty but this menu is way too clean for me (one can only eat so much plain turkey breast and broccoli) so I found some healthy recipes online to jazz it up. It doesn't look like it increases my macronutrients by much so I'm hoping it doesn't affect next week's results. I'll link the optional recipes in the menu--I have no idea how they will taste but they sounded good to me. I'll post my review in the next day or so to let you know if it sucks or not.

Menu

Breakfast
Turkey and Broccoli Frittata (see official recipe below)
1 Apple
.25 c oatmeal (measured dry)

* I decided to put the apple and the oatmeal into a slow cooker along with some cinnamon and top it off with sugar free maple syrup or splenda.

1st snack
.5 c non-fat cottage cheese
1 rice cake
1 peach

Lunch 
3 oz skinless chicken breast
.5 c wild rice (I did wild rice rice a roni, but didn't add the butter)
1 c broccoli
1 pear

* I found a recipe for a balsamic chicken with pear sauce recipe at http://whatscookingamerica.net/Poultry/BalsChickenPear.htm, and plan to eat the broccoli and wild rice on the side. I will probably increase the pear just a bit to get the macro nutrients closer to what the trainer outlined for me.

2nd snack
1 Dannon Light and Fit Greek Yogurt
8 Almond Nut-Thins crackers
4 Almonds

Dinner
3 oz Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 c cooked broccoli

* I found a recipe for Broccoli Stir Fry at http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/chicken-and-broccoli-stir-fry-recipe/index.html, and will adjust the recipe so it fits the macro nutrients the trainer outlined for me.


Workout: 5 days of cardio/3 days of strength training. For strength training days, cardio is after workouts. Rest day should be after the extra cardio day.

HIIT Elliptical, 2 minutes Slow/1 Minute Fast - 20 minutes

Strength Training

3 Sets / 8-12 reps. Focus on pushing more weight and last set should fail. Speed 3/1.5  Rest 20-30 seconds unless noted otherwise

Day 1:
Incline Dumbbell Chest Press
Dumbbell Chest Press
Dumbbell Chest Flyes
Dumbbell Skull Crusher
Dips on Bench
Narrow Grip Dumbbell Triceps Press

Day 2:
Standing Rope Hammer Curls
Standing Dumbbell Curl
Standing Hammer Dumbbell Curl
Assisted Pull up machine
Bent over 2 arm dumbbell row
Reverse Narrow Grip Pull ups
Smith Machine Shoulder press

Day 3:
Squats
Leg Extension
Walking Lunges
Leg Press Machine
Prone Leg Curl
Seated Leg Curl Machine
Inner Thigh/Outer Thigh

Day 4:
Standing dumbbell shoulder press
Incline dumbbell shoulder press
Dumbbell shoulder lateral raise
Forearm bridge (hold 60 seconds)
Ball crunches

No comments: